🙂 The Accent. Scenery.
🙁 The Troubles
- John Dunlop invented the pneumatic tyre in Belfast.
- Northern is where Game of Thrones was filmed – Famous locations from the series include Dunluce Castle, the Dark Hedges, Ballintoy Harbour and Magheramourne quarry.
- Since the Good Friday Agreement signed in 1998, Northern Ireland has erected numerous “peace walls.” These walls separate Catholic and Protestant communities whose members cannot get along.
- Nearly all the schools in Northern Ireland (93%) are segregated according to the two major religious groups in the country: Catholics and Protestants.
- Like many places, there’s a lot of regional slang in Northern Ireland. Norn Iron words….